Saturday 29 March 2014

Revlon Photoready Makeup


THE FORMULA:

Photoready has a very good consistency - fluid enough to blend but not runny. It provides light to medium buildable coverage. There is a faint foundation smell but nothing strong like Revlon Colorstay.

Despite the fact that the foundation does have A LOT of shimmer to it, it is not oily/grease/shiny. But do keep in mind that the foundation is VERY SHIMMERY, particularly IN SUNLIGHT. It may be a good WINTER FOUNDATION.


THE COLOR RANGE:
I had a hard time finding the right shade to suit my NC35 skin tone. The color range offered is very poor for those looking for a yellow based foundation. Your only option will be Golden Beige or Rich Ginger. Golden Beige is similar to NC40. Rich ginger had a mixture of yellow and red undertones and is comparable to NC45.

I purchased Medium Beige and found it lacked enough yellow.

Here is a pic of Medium Beige (picture right) in comparison to Giorgio Armani Luminous silk 6.5 (pictured left) :


And a close up, Revlon on the right:


For reference, my shades are:
- 6.5 in Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk
- TAWNY and Rattan (mixed) in Estee Lauder DW
- BA24 in Chanel Perfection Lumiere
- Stromboli in NARS Sheer Glow


APPLICATION:
I applied this with a BEAUTYBLENDER. Application was fine, except.... I felt a slight tingling sensation, like I had applied mild peppermint toothpaste to my face. The sensation was only temporary but worth mentioning. Maybe I got a bad batch?

Because the foundation has ALOT OF SHIMMER I would recommend applying it only to those areas of your face where light would naturally hit. If you apply like all over it is not flattering and you will end but looking flat and shimmery.

I am very impressed with the pump on the Revlon Photoready. It is a precision pump and is very controllable.

Compared to the Giorgio Armani pump it dispenses less product and causes less mess.



STAYING POWER:

I would say this foundation has moderate staying power. On my unpowdered dry/combination skin it lasted about 3 hours with no shine at all however I began to have slight shine on the nose and chin at the 4th hour.


THE VERDICT:
I may buy this again in the right shade (Golden Beige) but it isn't a product that I will be rushing out to purchase. I am not thrilled that I cant use this all over my face without looking like a disco ball. There are better products on the market.

No comments:

Post a Comment