Thursday 20 March 2014

Nars Sheer Glow Foundation


THE FORMULA:
NARS Sheer Glow is very fluid in texture in comparison to other high-end foundations such as Estee Lauder Double Wear. 'its definitely great for DRY SKIN and with a good setting powder may could be suitable to combination skin. I have very dry skin and find by the 6th hour that I need to blot so I wouldnt recommend this for oily skin. The coverage can be sheered out to very LIGHT but is BUILDABLE to a medium coverage. It does live up to it's name - when applied this foundation gives a beautiful GLOWY effect. It reminds me of the YSL Touche Eclat.


THE COLOR RANGE:
NARS has a very generous shade range. There are plenty of nice warm shades with yellow tones so I had no issues finding a match. The shades are names after famous cities - Santa Fe, Barcelona, Siberia, Tahoe, Syracuse, ect. My shade is STROMBOLI - a warm medium shade with strong yellow undertones, perfect!


For reference I am SHADE 6.5 in Giorgio Armani, NC35-40 in Mac and in between TAWNY and Rattan in Estee Lauder.
 
Here is a swatch of Stromboli
 
And blended out


APPLICATION:
I applied this with a BEAUTYBLENDER. Big mistake. This is the one foundation which I have had bad results with using a beautyblender. The foundation sat on top of my skin and refused to blend. Three hours later it was patchy all over my chin. The second time I used it I buffed it in with a brush and that seemed to give the best results. Because I have dry skin this wasnt the best option for me but the beautyblender was not working out at all. I may try applying this with my fingers next to avoid aggravating my skin.

STAYING POWER:
This foundation had DECENT staying power. It is NOT TRANSFER-RESISTANT though which is really annoying because I got stains on my new cream scarf :(
I might try a setting spray on top next time.
THE VERDICT:
I'll be buying this again because I love the WARMTH and LUMINOSITY it gives my complexion. It was $68 AUD which I think is reasonable given the quality of the product.


(Please Note: I will be reviewing the powder in the first pic at a later date as I havnt had a chance to try it yet.)

No comments:

Post a Comment