Thursday 27 March 2014

NARS Light Reflecting Loose Setting Powder


THE FORMULA:
NARS Light Reflecting Loose Powder is an extremely finely milled translucent setting powder. The powder has light reflecting properties, NOT SHIMMER. Looking at the powder you will notice a subtle sparkle. It is available in both loose and pressed form.
Although I do not own the pressed form I have tried it and I can say that it is a 'hard' powder - meaning that it is pressed rather firmly and that you will not pick up much product with your brush when you swirl over the powder. This makes for very light application, in my option, too light allow the product to do what it claims.
 
THE COLOR RANGE:
There is only one shade since this is a translucent setting powder.
 

APPLICATION:
I purchased this powder with the intention to use it as an under-eye concealer setting powder. I had been setting my under-eye concealer with Ben Nye Banana Powder but I find it does not work well with my chosen concealer (Dermablend, because I have a birthmark under my eye). The Banana Powder would immediately oxidise on application and give me dark circles :( I definitely needed a translucent powder to over come this so I decided to pick the NARS powder up.

NARS light reflecting powder is very silky to the touch. I used a Real Techniques setting brush to apply it. It did not catch on my dry skin. I applied the powder over my Estee Lauder Double Wear which is notoriously matte and it managed to give me a subtle dewy finish.

The biggest strength of this powder is that it SIGNIFICANTLY BLURS PORES :)
 

Another great thing is that it does not leave a white cast. I have tan skin, (Tawny is Estee Lauder DW, NC35 Mac, 6.5 Giorgio Armani) and the powder did not leave a white cast over my foundation like some other powders which claim to be translucent.
 
Here is a pic of the powder over my foundation mentioned above:
 

STAYING POWER:
It is very hard to say what the staying powder of this powder is because this is a translucent powder. What I can say is that my CONCEALER STAYED PUT and my t-zone did not become greasy as the day progressed. I think that on someone with oily skin a touch-up would be required to remain shine-free all day.




THE VERDICT:
This is a great product. The powder is clearly of very high quality and all the claims it makes are true. I will buy this again as I believe it is the best translucent powder on the market at the moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment