Saturday 22 March 2014

MAC Mineralize Foundation SPF 15

 
 
I picked this up from duty free while on transit at DBX. I used to swear by MAC from my late teens to my early 20s but I have come across better cosmetics since then. The only reason I picked this up is because I needed something in a hurry and all my makeup was in my checked-in luggage.


THE FORMULA:

MAC Mineralize Foundation is a crème formula. It is very similar to MAC Studio Tech only more sheer and emollient. It is very moisturizing to the skin, which is great for DRY SKIN but will be problematic for oilier skin types.


THE COLOR RANGE:

MAC is famous for their generous color range so I had no problem matching my medium yellow-based skin. I think this foundation runs a little dark because I was matched to NC30 whereas I used to wear NC35-40 in Studio Tech.
 
 
Below is a swatch comparison with Estee Lauder Double Wear in Tawny and Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation in shade 6.5

From left to right, MAC, Estee lauder and Giorgio Armani:




Notice that the MAC is grainy in comparison with the other two. This could be because it is a crème foundation but this really bothered me because it affected application by settling into dry patches :(


THE APPLICATION:

I initially applied this with the latex sponge provided but I found that it was absorbing a lot of product. I think the best way to apply this is with your fingers. This foundation will not dry to a powdery finish like Studio Tech. It is very moisturizing and gives a very dewy look even on dry skin. that being said, it would probably exaggerating oily skin.

I feel as though this foundation has a very low pigment content because it is EXTREMELY SHEER. I would compare this to a tinted moisturizer rather than a foundation.

STAYING POWER:

The staying power of this Foundation is VERY POOR. It melts into the skin and disappears within a few hours. It couldn't hold up on my very dry skin so I can imagine that it would fade even faster on oily skin.

NB This product will oxidize and become darker. If you are averse to this I suggest you purchase one shade lighter than your skin tone.

THE VERDICT:

I have heard that MAC DISCONTINUED this product but it is STILL AVALIABLE on the website and in store - at least in Australia. It retails for $59 AUD. I don't remember how many Dirhams I paid for it in Dubai but I assume it is slightly more expensive here, like everything else :-/

Honestly, this is just a tinted moisturizer in crème formula, I will not be purchasing this again.




No comments:

Post a Comment